Well Xmas was a single affair this year, so dinner was simple and easy, just for one.
3 slices stale bread
1 clove garlic
2 tbsp dried sage
2 tbsp goose fat
01. Cover the outside of the chicken in rashers.
02. Put chicken in oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 2 hours.
03. While chicken in cooking, peel and chop potatoes and par boil for 10 mins.
04. While potatoes are boiling, put goose fat in a dish in the oven.
05. Drain potatoes and shake to give outside a fluffy layer.
06. 45 mins before the chicken in done, place the potatoes in the dish and cover in the goose fat.
07. Cook potatoes for 45 mins at 200 degrees Celsius.
08. While potatoes and chicken cooks, take the stale bread and put in blender.
09. Blend until rough breadcrumbs.
10. Add sage.
11. Add garlic.
12. Add onion.
12. Blend until everything is in small pieces.
13. Add butter.
14. Blend until comes together.
15. Place in oven proof dish.
16. 20 mins before chicken and potatoes are done place stuffing in oven.
17. Let chicken rest for 5 mins.
19. Plate and serve :)
You can easily add some vegetables to this dish.
1 year ago