This recipe should be made over two days, and ideally a few months before xmas so it can mature, but as ever I'm the queen of leaving things to the last minute! This is the first ever pudding I've made, so I'm hoping it'll taste good!
150g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
125g butter, melted
100g dark sugar
75g mixed peel
75g glace cherries
50g flaked almonds
1 cooking apple, peeled, cored and chopped
Zest of 1/2 a lime
Zest of 1/2 an orange
2 tsp mixed spice
1/2 tsp nutmeg
100ml dark stout
2 tbsp sherry
1. Mix all the fruits together in a large bowl.
2. Pour in the alcohol and mix thoroughly.
3. Add in nuts and stir.
4. Add in butter and mix.
5. Add in sugar and eggs, and mix.
6. Add in suet, flour, baking powder, spices and zest.
7. Stir everything so it resembles what I can only describe as "slop".
8. Cover in a teatowel and leave overnight.
Cooking will be done tomorrow (fingers crossed).
2 months ago