And now, the formalities :
The April 2009 challenge is hosted by Jenny from Jenny Bakes. She has chosen Abbey's Infamous Cheesecake as the challenge.
Anyways, I decided to make 8 different flavours of mini cheesecakes, since I knew I'd never get through a whole large one myself. I used the main recipe, which I increased to 1 and a half times, and then split into 8 for each flavour. The recipe below is for the base of two flavours at a time (or 12 bun sized bases) and one filling (or 6 bun sized fillings).
Part 1 : Base
70g each biscuit (shortbread, chocolate chip cookies, gingernuts, digestives)
1 oz butter
01. Blend each biscuit into crumbs.
02. Melt the butter, and stir in biscuit.
04. Add about 1 tbsp biscuit mix into bun case.
05. Flatten with the back of a spoon.
06. Add a few nuts to base for an extra crunch.
07. Set aside.
Part 2 : Basic Filling
125g cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cream
1 small egg
01. Cream the cheese and sugar until smooth.
02. Add the egg.
03. Beat in the egg until completely incorporated.
04. Beat in the cream.
Part 3 : Flavourings and Finishings
Coffee/Milk Chocolate : 1 tbsp mocha coffee mix
Maple/Pecan : 18 pecans, 2 tbsp maple syrup
Coffee/Hazelnut : 48 hazelnuts, 1 tbsp instant coffee
White Chocolate/Strawberry : 3 squares grated white chocolate, 2 large strawberries
Coconut : 2 tbsp shredded coconut
Triple Berry : 5 blackberries, 5 raspberries, 2 large strawberries
White Chocolate/Milk Chocolate : 3 squares grated milk chocolate, 3 squares grated white chocolate
Milk Chocolate/Orange : 3 squares grated milk chocolate, zest of 1/2 an orange
01. Add flavour directly in to basic filling mix and stir.
02. Pour or spoon mix on top of base.
03. Bake at 160 degrees Celcius for 20 minutes.
04. Open oven door slightly, turn off oven, leave for 1 hour as oven cools.
05. Cool completely on a wire rack.
06. Refridgerate overnight.
Part 4 : Decorating
|Shortbread – Maple /Pecan – Pecan||Digestive – Coffee/Hazelnut – Hazelnut||Shortbread – Coconut – None||Cookie – Milk Chocolate /Orange – Orange Jelly /Milk Chocolate|
|Digestive – Triple Berry – Blackberry Jelly||Gingernut – White Chocolate /Milk Chocolate – White Chocolate /Milk Chocolate||Gingernut – White Chocolate /Strawberry – Strawberry Jelly /White Chocolate||Cookie – Coffee /Milk Chocolate – Milk Chocolate with Coffee /Milk chocolate|