Welcome to part 3 of 5 :) For this part of the challenge I took on some of the extra ingredients from the challenge recipe, although as you'll see in the verdict, I think I'll stick to my usual ragu next time...
300g minced pork
300g minced lamb
300g minced beef
100g smoked pancetta, chopped finely
100g parma ham, chopped finely
200g mushrooms, chopped finely
1 red onion, chopped finely
1 white onion, chopped finely
1 carrot, chopped finely
3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
1cm ginger, chopped finely
2cm green chilli, chopped finely
2cm red chilli, chopped finely
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 litre beef stock
01. Mix together all the vegetables with the pancetta.
02. Fry vegetable mix in a large pan on a high heat, until cooked through.
03. Remove vegetable from pan, and add in remaining meats.
04. Cook until meats are browned.
05. Add in vegetables and continue to cook over medium heat, until all water has evaporated.
06. Add in stock 1/2 a cup at a time, ensuring each 1/2 cup has evaporated before adding the next.
07. Add the last 1/2 cup, cover with lid and simmer for 1 hour.
08. Add in tomatoes, stir and cook uncovered for another 45 mins.
The ragu can be made up to 3 days in advance.
8 months ago