As usual, lets' get the formalities out of the way, and then on to the recipe :
The February 2009 challenge is hosted by Wendy of WMPE's blog and Dharm of Dad ~ Baker & Chef.
We have chosen a Chocolate Valentino cake by Chef Wan; a Vanilla Ice Cream recipe from Dharm and a Vanilla Ice Cream recipe from Wendy as the challenge.
The Challenge :
-Use the following cake recipe
-Serve with homemade ice cream : You can choose any flavour you want and any recipe although we provided two vanilla ice cream recipes. But we are giving you a little freedom here and will allow whipped cream as a topping as well or of course non-dairy whip. Be as creative as you want with your topping. Any fruit puree or sauce would be lovely with this cake.
How I found it :
I quite enjoyed the first part of this recipe, it was straight forward and the cake itself came out tasting *exactly* like the Cadbury milk chocolate that I used. I think next time I make it, I'll add a teaspoon on instant coffee, to give a little kick up of flavour.
454g milk chocolate (or any chocolate you like)
146g unsalted butter
5 eggs, seperated
01. Seperate the eggs.
02. Chop the chocolate and butter into small pieces and place in a bowl.
03. Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pot of simmering water, stirring continuously until smooth.
04. While the chocolate and butter mix is cooling, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks are formed.
05. Beat the egg yolks.
06. Pour the egg yolks in the cooled chocolate mix, and stir in.
07. Add one third of the whites and fold in.
08. Fold in the remaining eggs whites, taking care not to beat out any of the air, until the mixture is constant.
09. Pour batter into a greased and lined tin, and bake at 190 degrees Celcius for 25 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before unmolding.
11. Cut into desired shapes, and serve with some ice cream!
6 months ago