Pointless soup?! Well only in the Weight Watchers sense :) This soup has no points and makes a great filler for no cost to my diet. :D
2 beef stock cubes
1 litre water
1 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp parsley
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 cloves garlic
2 large slices turnip
2 heads baby cauliflower
2 heads baby broccoli
01. Chop and weigh out all ingredients.
02. Fry the onion on a medium heat until softened. (fried in spray oil)
03. Add garlic and fry for 1 min.
04. Add in rest of chopped veg and fry for 1 min.
05. Add in spices, herbs, salt and pepper.
06. Add in stock.
07. Simmer for 20 mins, until vegetables have softened.
08. Serve piping hot, with some brown bread.
This is just a base soup really, you can use different stocks, different vegetables, add meat or noodles for a more substantial meal, some crunchy croutons for a bit of bite, some cream for a richer taste, or even just blend it for a smooth soup.
1 year ago