My favourite meal from the Chinese takeaway has always been fried rice, and with the new year comes new me, and new diet :) So I present a tasty, and significantly lower fat version of fried rice that you can make at home in less time than it takes for a delivery!
1 cup rice (cooked the day before in 2 cups water)
3 cloves garlic
2 spring onions
2 chicken breasts
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp herbs
01. Chop chicken into bite size pieces and fry in a wok.
02. Chop spring onion, garlic and mushrooms.
03. Add these and the herbs and curry to the chicken. Stir and cook until mushrooms starting to soften.
04. Add rice and soy sauce, stir all together.
05. Make a well in the centre.
06. Add in egg, stir together and cook until egg is cooked through.
07. Serve immediately.
Delicious on it's own or with stir fried vegetables. Can be made easily without the chicken and served as a side dish, or with any other meat :D
2 months ago