Tonight's cooking adventure - dinner for one :) I like to treat myself to a nice meal every now and then, one that requires some work, but is deeply delicious and rewarding. On the menu : Steak burger fried with onion, mushrooms and garlic, individual gratin dauphinois and vegetable mash.
Steak burger Fry (serves 2)
10 - 15 mushrooms
1 small onion
3 cloves garlic
Knob of unsalted butter
2 steak burgers
1. Chop garlic into small pieces.
2. Chop onion into small pieces.
3. Chop mushrooms into medium slices.
4. Put small frying pan on ring on medium heat with a dash of oil.
5. Add in onions and burgers.
6. Flip burgers and onions after 3 mins, and continue until burgers are cooked through.
7. In a large frying pan, heat some butter and oil on a low heat, and add the garlic.
8. Add mushrooms to the large pan.
9. Cook until mushrooms have softened.
10. Add burgers and onions from small pan to the large pan and heat on low until rest of meal is ready.
Individual Gratin Dauphinois (serves 2)
1 large potatoe (I used Queens)
1 clove garlic
2 slices of a small onion
1. Slice the potato into 3mm slices, preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Put butter in saucepan, and melt.
3. Add chopped garlic, cream and sliced potato.
3. Slowly bring to the boil.
4. Spoon into 2" ramakins, with cream up to the rim.
5. Cover in tinfoil and place in the oven for 30 mins.
6. Remove foil and bake for another 10 mins to brown tops.
7. Save leftover cream mix for mash in next part.
Vegetable Mash (serves 3)
Garlic cream left over from gratin above
1 sweet potato
1. Peel and chop the vegetables, and place in a saucepan, cover the vegetables in water.
2. Bring the water to the boil and cook for 30 mins.
3. Mash the cooked veg with the leftover cream until smooth.
Plate everything up. :D
With the gratin...
And since I'm cooking for one, here's the leftovers for tomorrow!
2 months ago