27 November 2010

Blondies (Or How to Steal Ideas from Friends)

A friend of mine has been talking about Blondies for a few days, and after not being able to get the idea out of my head, and needed to try it for myself!






Ingredients:


1 cup packed brown sugar
117g room temperature butter
1 cup self raising flour (or 1 cup plain flour + 1 tsp baking powder + 1 tsp baking soda)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
Optional - 1/3 cup of stir ins (chocolate chips, raisins, nuts etc etc)

Method :

01. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius / 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

02. Cube butter, add sugar and cream.





03. Beat egg with vanilla and add to 02.




04. Add flour and combine until smooth.




05. Now's the time to add your optional extras. I added chocolate chips made from Fruit and Nut Toblerone.



06. Spread the mix in an 8"x8" buttered tin.




07. Bake in oven for 20 - 25 minutes.



08. When the blondies are cooled, cut into servings and NOM!


Although not very blond, since I used some very dark brown sugar, they were a little crunchy on the edges, a little chewy in the middle, and overall sweet and delicious! But I don't think they'll ever replace brownies for me.

No comments: