45g icing sugar
38g ground almonds
5g granulated sugar
59g egg whites
01. Preheat the oven to 93 degrees Celsius
02. Combine icing sugar and ground almonds.
03. Beat the egg whites to a soft peak.
04. Add granulated sugar and beat to stiff peaks.
05. Add 1/3 of the icing sugar and almond mix to the egg whites.
06. Fold it in.
07. Repeat steps 5 and 6.
08. Add the mix to a piping bag, and draw circles on some parchment.
09. Pipe the mix into the circles.
10. Bake for 5 minutes, then remove and turn oven up to 190 degrees Celsius.
11. Bake for another 7 - 8 minutes.
This is absolutely not the result you should be looking for!!!
Thinking I had perhaps gotten the measurements wrong, I tried again, and no luck this time either!
Using Tartlette's Recipe
90g egg whites
30g granulated sugar
200g icing sugar
110g ground almonds
01. Use steps 02 - 09 as above
02. Leave to harden on counter for 30 - 60 minutes.
03. Bake at 160 degrees Celsius for 15 to 20 minutes.
For the chocolate version, I used half of the mixture with 1 tbsp of cocoa powder added.
04. When they are cooled, pipe a little filling and stick two together!
Plain with Nutella filling
Chocolate with Orange Cream filling