This weather is getting me down, it's been freezing here for the last week or so. So I decided to cheer (and warm) myself up with a mild curry.
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped finely
1/4cm green chili, chopped finely
1 tsp chili powder
1 tbsp mild curry powder
1 1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup double cream
2 chicken breasts, diced
1 carrot, diced
5 mushrooms, diced
2cm slice of butternut squash, diced
01. Fry onion in wok until browning.
02. Add garlic and chili and fry for 30 seconds.
03. Add chicken
04. Add spices, fry until chicken is cooked on the outside.
05. Add in vegetables, fry for 1 minute.
06. Pour in stock.
07. Pour in cream.
08. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until reduced and sauce thickened.
Serve with rice, with wraps, or on a baked potato. :)
8 months ago